Last Christmas, i decided that i definitly needed a Xbox..
So after asking arround, I found someone who had lying one arround, biting the dust. I bought it of him and played some games..
Of course I wanted to do some some more stuff with it.. games are boring.. So I orded a couple of pcbs to expand it’s functionaly.
Like a true dutch behoves, I bought the most cheaply available parts…. on dealextreme
A matrix nand programmer (PIC) and a x360glitch
After waiting quite some time for the the postman to arive, we could get cracking (literally)… but unfortunaltly it didn’t work out as we hoped.
The 360glich was a glich-card for the Slim, so I went to the local electronics guy to scoop up some passive components (diodes, resisistors and a cap).
after modifing it, it look (after some iterative soldering like below)
(horrible). and we never got it to program correctly. But this could have been due the nature of our jtag cable (aka cheaptag).
After a night of beer (Paulaners) and cursing, we succeded in dumping the nand.. but that was it… so i got on my bike and drove off towards my home…
Below i’m soldering it in place:
After messing up a pad (stupid f***), I needed to tap the point at another place (below the headsink), this required sanding, glueing and patience. (The soldering tin is 2mm thick, to give you a idea of the scale, looks almost like an iron bar..)
Than we hooked up the thing to the TV like below:
For some reason we succeeded in glitching just once (but we did take the key’s spit out by xellious:
*pff, Softmodding the Wii is a walk in the
park, compared to this nightmare altough it is a great way to justify drinking large quantities of beer…
<work in progress, making it glitch properly and flashing the required stuff.> Furthermore make some adjustments to the motherboard in order to prevent burning of fuses.
After proper glitching it keeped on crashing during boot. This was fixed by makeing sure the Reset wire was not wrapped arround other wires. As a precaution I wrapped the ground wire arrount the reset, in order to reducte the noice on it.
I think in the near future I will redo the reset wire, using a shielded wire. This should prevent lockups at all.
currently, the xbox is biting the dust… as many of my “achievements”